Emergency Financial Assistance Program Application
Log in to complete your application for the Emergency Financial Assistance Program.
How to Request Emergency Financial Assistance:
Log in to complete your Emergency Financial Assistance application. After logging in, click the button to “Start your Emergency Financial Assistance Application.” If you have any trouble logging in to the portal or submitting an application, please email Karen Mosely-Lyon at email@example.com for assistance.
About the Emergency Financial Assistance Program:
At Durham Technical Community College, we understand that students may struggle from time to time to pay their expenses. Unexpected situations may make it difficult for our students to progress satisfactorily toward completion of their academic and career goals.
In order to be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- No previous assistance received through the Emergency Financial Assistance Program;
- The Emergency Financial Assistance Program is a one-time grant and will assist you with one late bill
- Enrolled and Active in an eligible program or approved continuing education certificate course (If in a Continuing Education Program, program must be a 6-month, Diploma or Certificate program).
- Experiencing an unforeseen financial emergency and at risk of being unable to continue in school due to that emergency
- In need of assistance with one or more of the following eligible expenses* and able to provide the required documentation:
- Note: Requests without documentation will not be considered
- Past due rent or mortgage (rent-lease, mortgage-statement)
- (Documentation required: Late Letter documenting amount due and copy of lease)
- Past due utilities, including electricity, natural gas, water, and internet (excluding cable costs) (Utility bill – full bill. NO SCREENSHOTS)
- (Documentation required: Copy of past due bill)
- Childcare expenses to cover up to one month of costs
- (Documentation: Documentation of monthly cost)
- Car repairs for a maximum of $500
- (Documentation required: Copy of itemized estimate for repair)
Assistance is granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin.
If you have any questions or would like more information before submitting your request, you are invited to speak with the program administrator, Ms. Karen Mosley-Lyon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-536-7200 ext. 1408.